Windows PowerShell Cookbook: The Complete Guide to Scripting Microsoft’s Command Shell
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $33.21
- Amount Saved: $26.78
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Updated for PowerShell 3.0, this comprehensive cookbook includes hands-on recipes for common tasks and administrative jobs that you can apply whether you're on the client or server version of Windows. You also get quick references to technologies used in conjunction with PowerShell, including format specifiers and frequently referenced registry keys to selected .NET, COM, and WMI classes.
- Learn how to use PowerShell on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Tour PowerShell's core features, including the command model, object-based pipeline, and ubiquitous scripting
- Master fundamentals such as the interactive shell, pipeline, and object concepts
- Perform common tasks that involve working with files, Internet-connected scripts, user interaction, and more
- Solve tasks in systems and enterprise management, such as working with Active Directory and the filesystem
For book owners, the PowerShell Cookbook offers an always-available, searchable, online edition at powershellcookbook.com/
Q&A with Lee Holmes, author of "The Windows PowerShell Cookbook"
Q. What makes your book important right now?
A. PowerShell and Windows, in general, are rapidly evolving technologies. As time passes, they evolve to solve significantly new challenges, and simplify challenges that were difficult in previous versions. With the release of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, Windows PowerShell has added many significant features to address the realities of modern, multi-machine environments. PowerShell has also made many changes to simplify and improve its fundamentals (scripting and built-in commands.) The sooner you can learn about those improvements, the better your life will be.
Q. What information do you hope that readers of your books will walk away with?
A. PowerShell is an amazing platform, an amazing glue language, and an amazingly powerful way to just get things done. For those just stepping into scripting or management, it may seem daunting at first. By breaking the "PowerShell Cookbook" into a series of simple, isolated recipes, I hope that they see evidence that you don't need to be an expert in PowerShell to start using it or improving your day-to-day tasks.
Q. What's the most exciting/important thing happening in your space?
A. Windows Administrators have long lived on a diet of point-and-click. The move to systems automation (as opposed to simply systems management) is becoming a driving force in the industry, and an accelerating factor in the careers of all who adopt it. This is especially true now that administrators are being asked to manage orders of magnitude more servers-- from large enterprise deployments, to the massive expansion of virtualization, to the DevOps role and operations management in the cloud. PowerShell is perfectly suited for this environment, and has been crafted from the start to make you efficient in it.
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 2 x 9.19 inches; 3.51 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.51 pounds
- ASIN: 1449320686
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.