Upgrading and Repairing PCs (19th Edition)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $11.71
- Amount Saved: $38.28
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Upgrading and Repairing PC'S by Scott Mueller
- Comprehensive Resource for PC Enthusiasts
- Repairing Computers
- Upgrading Computers
- Computer Learning Tools
“…a comprehensive resource for PC enthusiasts and professionals alike. Packed with the latest speeds and feeds, you’ll want to keep this book on-hand as an authoritative technology reference.”
–Chris Angelini, Managing Editor, Tom’s Hardware
For 20 years, Upgrading and Repairing PCs has been the industry’s #1 guide to PC hardware: the single source for reliable, step-by-step information on identifying and fixing problems, adding hardware, optimizing performance, and building new PCs from scratch. Now, this 19th Edition has been completely updated to focus on today’s technologies and today’s maintenance challenges!
From processors and motherboards, memory to storage, video to power, and networking to Internet connectivity, it’s all here: technical details, practical insights, and step-by-step solutions to difficult problems. Updates include new CPUs like the Intel Core i Series and AMD’s Phenom family...solid state drives (SSDs) and hard disk drives...motherboard form factors, chipsets, power supplies, DDR3 memory, Windows 7 readiness, and a whole lot more!
Your guide, Scott Mueller, has taught thousands in his legendary personal seminars and millions more through his books and videos. Nobody knows more about choosing, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining PC hardware. Whether you’re a professional technician, a small business owner who doesn’t want to pay for service calls, or a home PC enthusiast, this is the one book you need!
NEW IN THIS EDITION
- Intel’s and AMD’s hottest new processors, including the Intel Core i Series and AMD Phenom family
- The latest PC system designs and form factors, including the new mini-ITX and DTX motherboard form factors
- State-of-the-art graphics cards, GPUs, and chipsets from NVIDIA and ATI/AMD
- Terabyte-class hard disks, solid state drives, and other data storage innovations
- Revamped coverage of building PCs from scratch–from selecting and assembling hardware to BIOS Setup and troubleshooting
ON THE DVD
The DVD contains two hours of up-to-the minute, studio-quality how-to videos–all playable on either your DVD player or computer! You’ll find detailed presentations covering important PC components like processors, motherboards, chipsets, memory, hard disk drives, chassis, and power supplies, including tips that will help you select the best components when building or purchasing new systems as well as when upgrading or repairing existing ones. There is a complete step-by-step guide to building a new PC from scratch, including tips that will not only make the build process run smoothly, but will also help you build a system that has performance, durability, and will be easy to maintain, upgrade, and repair in the future. That’s not all: You’ll also find the complete 16th Edition of this book, plus extensive technical reference material, a comprehensive PC glossary, and much more!
- Product Dimensions: 6.96 x 2.38 x 9.02 inches; 4.02 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 4.02 pounds
- ASIN: 0789739542
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews