The Ultimate Guide to Minecraft Server
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $10.99
- Amount Saved: $14.00
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Run your own Minecraft server: take total control of your Minecraft experience!
What’s more fun than playing multiplayer Minecraft? Running your own Minecraft server. Now there’s a complete, up-to-date guide to doing just that–even if you have no networking or server experience!
Best-selling tech author Timothy L. Warner covers all you need to know, from the absolute basics to cutting-edge customization. You’ll learn from crystal-clear, step-by-step instructions designed for today’s newest Minecraft servers.Warner guides you through prepping your computer and network…installing a basic server and powerful third-party alternatives…welcoming and managing users…protecting against griefing and other attacks…adding powerful plug-ins and mods…using easy subscription hosting services…giving your users a truly awesome game experience.
This book’s #1 goal is to help you have more fun with Minecraft. But you’ll also master practical skills for a well-paid technology career!
- Gain deep multiplayer Minecraft knowledge for running your server well
- Configure your computer to reliably host Minecraft
- Control your server through the Minecraft Server console
- Connect users, communicate with them, and set rules they must follow
- Master basic networking skills for improving server uptime and performance
- Safeguard your server and users, and prevent griefing
- Simplify complicated mods with integrated modpacks and launchers
- Run on the Realms public cloud—let Minecraft worry about maintenance and security
- Evaluate and choose a third-party hosting provider
- Customize your spawn “lobby” to help new users find their way
- Support multiple worlds and teleportation
- Earn cash with ads, sponsorships, cosmetic upgrades, or VIP access
Minecraft is a trademark of Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB. This book is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB.
Timothy L. Warner is the author of Hacking Raspberry Pi and The Unauthorized Guide to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Repair: A DIY Guide to Extending the Life of Your iDevices!. He is a tech professional who has helped thousands of people become more proficient with technology in business and education. He holds the CompTIA A+ Computer Technician credential and 20 other technical certifications. As Director of Technology for a progressive high school, he created and managed a self-servicing warranty repair shop for all of its Apple hardware. Now an author/evangelist for Pluralsight, he shares Windows PowerShell scripting knowledge at 2minutepowershell.com.
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 0.5 x 9 inches; 0 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0 pounds
- ASIN: 0789754576
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.