The Digital Matte Painting Handbook
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $49.48
- Amount Saved: $0.51
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Matte painting affords seamless integration between an artist’s painting with live action film footage and allows for greater flexibility and creative input in the appearance of movie settings. This unique book reveals a variety of tools and techniques that are both industry and classroom tested and will enhance your existing skill set. Veteran author and instructor David Mattingly walks you through the process of creating a matte painting, starting with rough concept sketches, working out the perspective drawing, adding light and shadow, and texturing all of the elements in the painting. You’ll gradually upgrade to using Adobe After Effects and Autodesk Maya in order to fulfill your matte painting vision.
- Escorts you through the process of creating a matte painting, starting with the initial concept sketch, adding light and shadow, texturing elements, and incorporating motion and depth
- Author is an experienced matte artist and teacher and shares a plethora of unique industry- and classroom-tested tools and techniques
- Features helpful step-by-step instructions accompanied by screen shots and photos to illustrate the process of creating a matte painting
Whether you’re creating a background for a studio production, independent film, TV commercial, or YouTube video, The Digital Matte Painting Handbook helps you successfully complete your project.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
- Product Dimensions: 8.02 x 0.9 x 10 inches; 2.5 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds
- ASIN: 0470922427
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.