The Book of PF: A No-Nonsense Guide to the OpenBSD Firewall
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $22.49
- Amount Saved: $12.46
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
OpenBSD's stateful packet filter, PF, is the heart of the OpenBSD firewall. With more and more services placing high demands on bandwidth and an increasingly hostile Internet environment, no sysadmin can afford to be without PF expertise.
The third edition of The Book of PF covers the most up-to-date developments in PF, including new content on IPv6, dual stack configurations, the "queues and priorities" traffic-shaping system, NAT and redirection, wireless networking, spam fighting, failover provision ing, logging, and more.
You'll also learn how to:
- Create rule sets for all kinds of network traffic, whether crossing a simple LAN, hiding behind NAT, traversing DMZs, or spanning bridges or wider networks
- Set up wireless networks with access points, and lock them down using authpf and special access restrictions
- Maximize flexibility and service availability via CARP, relayd, and redirection
- Build adaptive firewalls to proactively defend against attackers and spammers
- Harness OpenBSD's latest traffic-shaping system to keep your network responsive, and convert your existing ALTQ configurations to the new system
- Stay in control of your traffic with monitoring and visualization tools (including NetFlow)
- Product Dimensions: 6.57 x 0.63 x 9.66 inches; 0 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0 pounds
- ASIN: 1593275897
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.