System i Disaster Recovery Planning
- Discover a step-by-step process to develop-test-and maintain your plan
- Learn to write a comprehensive IT disaster recovery plan for the IBM System i--a plan that will work if it is ever needed
- Find extensive information and advice specific to the special needs of System i
Mapping out all the preparations necessary for an effective disaster recovery plan and its safeguard—a continuous maintenance program—this guide is aimed at IT managers of small and medium businesses. The opening section covers the initial steps of auditing vulnerability, ranking essential IT functions, and reviewing the storage of tape backups, with the following discussion focused on the elements of the plan itself. The plan includes a mission statement, a definition of disaster, the assignment of staff to teams, methods of compensating for human error, and standards for documenting the steps of recovery. The final portion of the guide covers the all-important initial testing of the system as well as the proper maintenance thereafter and weighs in on the pros and cons of using outside vendors for recovery systems.
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.88 x 9 inches; 1.82 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.82 pounds
- ASIN: 1583470670
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.