Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition (Missing Manuals)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $5.37
- Amount Saved: $29.62
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ready to move to the Mac? This incomparable guide helps you make a smooth transition. New York Times columnist and Missing Manuals creator David Pogue gets you past three challenges: transferring your stuff, assembling Mac programs so you can do what you did with Windows, and learning your way around Mac OS X.
Learning to use a Mac is not a piece of cake, but once you do, the rewards are oh-so-much better. No viruses, worms, or spyware. No questionable firewalls or inefficient permissions. Just a beautiful machine with a thoroughly reliable system. Whether you're using Windows XP or Windows 7, we've got you covered.
- Transfer your stuff. Moving files from a PC to a Mac is the easy part. This guide gets you through the tricky things: extracting your email, address book, calendar, Web bookmarks, buddy list, desktop pictures, and MP3 files.
- Re-create your software suite. Big-name programs from Microsoft, Adobe, and others are available in both Mac and Windows versions. But hundreds of other programs are Windows-only. Learn the Macintosh equivalents and how to move data to them.
- Learn Mac OS X Lion. Once you've moved into the Macintosh mansion, it's time to learn your way around. You're in good hands with the author of Mac OS X: The Missing Manual, the #1 bestselling guide to Mac OS X.
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 1.44 x 9.19 inches; 2.42 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.42 pounds
- ASIN: 1449398537
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews