Serverless Architectures on AWS: With examples using AWS Lambda
Serverless Architectures on AWS teaches you how to build, secure and manage serverless architectures that can power the most demanding web and mobile apps. Forewords by Patrick Debois (Founder of devopsdays) and Dr. Donald F. Ferguson (Columbia University).
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
There's a shift underway toward serverless cloud architectures. With the release of serverless computer technologies such as AWS Lambda, developers are now building entirely serverless platforms at scale. In these new architectures, traditional back-end servers are replaced with cloud functions acting as discrete single-purpose services. By composing and combining these serverless cloud functions together in a loose orchestration and adopting useful third-party services, developers can create powerful yet easy-to-understand applications.
About the Book
Serverless Architectures on AWS teaches you how to build, secure, and manage serverless architectures that can power the most demanding web and mobile apps. You'll get going quickly with this book's ready-made real-world examples, code snippets, diagrams, and descriptions of architectures that can be readily applied. By the end, you'll be able to architect and build your own serverless applications on AWS.
- First steps with serverless computing
- Important patterns and architectures
- Writing AWS Lambda functions and using the API Gateway
- Composing serverless applications using key services like Auth0 and Firebase
- Securing, deploying, and managing serverless architectures
About the Reader
About the Author
Dr. Peter Sbarski is a well-known AWS expert, VP of engineering at A Cloud Guru, and head of Serverlessconf.
Table of Contents
- Going serverless
- Architectures and patterns
- Building a serverless application
- Setting up your cloud
- Authentication and authorization
- Lambda the orchestrator
- API Gateway
- Going the last mile
PART 1 - FIRST STEPS
PART 2 - CORE IDEAS
PART 3 - GROWING YOUR ARCHITECTURE
- Services for your serverless architecture
- Installation and setup
- More about authentication and authorization
- Lambda insider
- Models and mapping
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.7 x 9.3 inches; 0 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0 pounds
- ASIN: 1617293822
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.