Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680) Configuring Windows 7 (MCTS) (Microsoft Press Training Kit)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $8.00
- Amount Saved: $61.99
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating to Windows 7
- Deploying Windows 7
- Configuring Hardware and Applications
- Configuring Network Connectivity
Note: The most recent printings of this title incorporate corrections to errors found in the earlier printings.
This Self-Paced Training Kit is designed to help maximize your performance on 70-680, the required exam for the Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows 7, Configuration certification.This 2-in-1 kit includes the official Microsoft study guide, plus practice tests on CD to help you assess your skills. It comes packed with the tools and features exam candidates want most—including in-depth, self-paced training based on final exam content; rigorous, objective-by-objective review; exam tips from expert, exam-certified authors; and customizable testing options. It also provides real-world scenarios, case study examples, and troubleshooting labs to give you the skills and expertise you can use on the job.Work at your own pace through the lessons and lab exercises.
This official study guide covers installing, upgrading, and migrating to Windows 7; configuring network connectivity, applications, and devices; implementing backup and recovery; configuring User Account Control (UAC), mobility options, and new features such as DirectAccess and BranchCache; and managing system updates.Then assess yourself using the 200 practice questions on CD, featuring multiple customizable testing options to meet your specific needs. Choose timed or untimed testing mode, generate random tests, or focus on discrete objectives. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including pointers back to the book for further study. You also get an exam discount voucher—making this kit an exceptional value and a great career investment.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD: The practice test materials are available as a download along with your ebook version of the kit, and will be located in your account. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test How Much You Know with Sample Case Scenarios from MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680)
Case Scenario 1: Installing Windows 7 at Contoso
You work for Contoso, Ltd. The company has a head office and two branch office locations. The company has just purchased 50 small form factor laptops on which you want to deploy Windows 7. A total of 40 of these computers will be deployed at the head office site, with 5 deployed to each of the branch office sites. The small computers do not include DVD-ROM drives, but they do have PXE-compliant network adapters and USB ports. You have tested the default version of Windows PE available with the WAIK and found that it is not compatible with the network adapters on these computers. Contoso, Ltd has a volume license agreement with Microsoft. All servers at Contoso, Ltd have the Windows Server 2008 operating system installed. You would like to ensure that the computers' hard disks are protected with encryption so that data is protected in case they are lost. Considering these facts, answer the following questions:
1. Which installation media or source could you use to deploy Windows 7 in the head office?
2. Which installation media or source could you use to deploy Windows 7 in the branch offices?
3. Which edition of Windows 7 should you deploy to the computers?
1. You could use WDS or a USB storage device as an installation source for deploying Windows 7. Because you do not have access to Windows PE, you cannot use a network share.
2. You could use a USB storage device as an installation source for deploying Windows 7. Because you do not have access to Windows PE, you cannot use a network share. You would not use WDS when you need to deploy operating systems to only five computers at each location.
3. Windows 7 Enterprise supports BitLocker hard disk drive encryption and is available to volume license customers. Although Windows 7 Ultimate also supports BitLocker hard disk drive encryption, it uses a retail license rather than a volume one.
Case Scenario 2: Migrating User Data at Fabrikam
You are in charge of supporting client operating systems at Fabrikam. In the head office, you have 20 users that have computers running Windows 7 Enterprise (x86). You will be increasing the amount of RAM in these computers from 4 GB to 16 GB and need to upgrade the operating system to Windows 7 Enterprise (x64). After the upgrade is complete, users should not be able to boot into the x86 version of Windows 7. You have 10 users at a branch office who currently have computers running Windows XP Professional that are more than 5 years old. These computers each have only 256 MB of RAM. You do not have any Windows Easy Transfer cables and do not want to store branch office user profile data on network drives or on USB storage devices. You will replace these computers with 10 new computers running Windows 7 Professional. Considering these facts, answer the following questions:
1. What sort of migration should you perform at the branch office, side-by-side or wipe-and-load?
2. What sort of migration should you perform at the head office, side-by-side or wipe-and-load?
3. Which technology and method would you use to perform the migrations in the branch office?
1. Side-by-side migrations are appropriate because you are moving users in the branch offices from old computers to new computers. Wipe-and-load migrations are appropriate only when the same computer hardware is being used.
2. You should perform a wipe-and-load because the users in the head office will be using the same hardware and should not be able to boot into the x86 version of Windows 7 Enterprise after the upgrade is complete.
3. Use Windows Easy Transfer with the network method.
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.9 x 9 inches; 3.38 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.38 pounds
- ASIN: 0735627088
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.