Sass and Compass in Action
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $19.50
- Amount Saved: $25.49
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Sass and Compass in Action is the definitive guide to stylesheet authoring using these two revolutionary tools. Written for both designers and developers, this book demonstrates the power of both Sass and Compass through a series of examples that address common pain points associated with traditional stylesheet authoring. The book begins with simple topics such as CSS resets and moves on to more involved topics such as grid frameworks and CSS3 vendor implementation differences.
About this Book
For 15 years, we've been using CSS to patiently paint the web by hand. No more! Sass and Compass add scripting and a library of components to standard CSS so you can simplify stylesheet authoring, automate tedious tasks, and add dynamic styling features to your pages. Think of Sass and Compass as power tools that allow you to paint with remarkable speed and precision.
Sass and Compass in Action is a hands-on guide to stylesheet authoring using these two revolutionary tools. This practical book shows you how to eliminate common CSS pain points and concentrate on making your pages pop. You'll begin with simple topics like CSS resets and then progress to more substantial challenges like building a personal stylesheet framework to bundle and reuse your own approaches and opinions.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
- CSS for desktop and mobile web apps
- Loaded with examples and reusable techniques
- Authors are Sass and Compass creators and core team members
About the Authors
Wynn Netherland is a full stack web developer who co hosts The Changelog Podcast. Chris Eppstein is the creator of Compass and a member of the Sass core team. Brandon Mathis is a passionate professional web designer with deep Sass skills. Nathan Weizenbaum is the creator and lead developer of Sass.
Table of Contents
- Sass and Compass make stylesheets fun again
- Basic Sass syntax
- CSS grids without the math
- Eliminate the mundane using Compass
- CSS3 with Compass
- From prototype to production
- High-performance stylesheets
- Scripting with Sass
- Creating and sharing a Compass extension
PART 1: GETTING ACQUAINTED WITH SASS AND COMPASS
PART 2: USING SASS AND COMPASS IN PRACTICE
PART 3: TUNING FOR PRODUCTION
PART 4: ADVANCED SASS AND COMPASS
- Product Dimensions: 7.38 x 0.55 x 9.25 inches; 0.9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.9 pounds
- ASIN: 1617290149
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews