Realm of Racket: Learn to Program, One Game at a Time!
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $23.57
- Amount Saved: $16.38
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Racket is a descendant of Lisp, a programming language renowned for its elegance, power, and challenging learning curve. But while Racket retains the functional goodness of Lisp, it was designed with beginning programmers in mind. Realm of Racket is your introduction to the Racket language.
In Realm of Racket, you'll learn to program by creating increasingly complex games. Your journey begins with the Guess My Number game and coverage of some basic Racket etiquette. Next you'll dig into syntax and semantics, lists, structures, and conditionals, and learn to work with recursion and the GUI as you build the Robot Snake game. After that it's on to lambda and mutant structs (and an Orc Battle), and fancy loops and the Dice of Doom. Finally, you'll explore laziness, AI, distributed games, and the Hungry Henry game.
As you progress through the games, chapter checkpoints and challenges help reinforce what you've learned. Offbeat comics keep things fun along the way.
As you travel through the Racket realm, you'll:
- Master the quirks of Racket's syntax and semantics
- Learn to write concise and elegant functional programs
- Create a graphical user interface using the 2htdp/image library
- Create a server to handle true multiplayer games
Realm of Racket is a lighthearted guide to some serious programming. Read it to see why Racketeers have so much fun!
An Excerpt From the Preface: "Why Should I Learn About Racket?"
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.88 x 9.25 inches; 1.51 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.51 pounds
- ASIN: 1593274912
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.