Practical Ruby Projects: Ideas for the Eclectic Programmer (Books for Professionals by Professionals)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $11.90
- Amount Saved: $33.09
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
Want to take Ruby to the limit? Looking for new, powerful, and creative ideas that will take Ruby beyond Rails and web programming? If you’re comfortable with Ruby, you’ll be itching to go further—apply Practical Ruby Projects: Ideas for the Eclectic Programmer and become a master of advanced Ruby techniques.
Rubyist Topher Cyll brings several imaginative projects to this book, ranging from making generative music, animations, and turn–based games to implementing simulations, algorithms, and even an implementation of Lisp!
Art, music, theory, and games—this book has it all. Best of all, it’s all done with Ruby.
Each chapter, in addition to making you say “Cool—I hadn’t thought of that before,” looks at solving tricky development problems, enforces best practices, and encourages creative thinking. You’ll be building your own exciting, imaginative ruby projects in no time.
- Create imaginative and innovative Ruby programming projects
- Learn how to solve tricky development problems, be guided by best practices, and be inspired to think creatively
- Don’t waste time on the basics—it’s assumed you know the fundamentals of Ruby already
What you’ll learn
- How to set up Ruby on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux
- How to create UIs with RubyCocoa
- How to create a Lisp implementation in Ruby
- How to create generative music and turn–based adventure games in Ruby
- How to model things and create algorithms in Ruby
- Several more Ruby best practices and programming techniques that will save you hours of programming time
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who has mastered the basics of Ruby and wants to learn advanced Ruby techniques.
Table of Contents
- Making Music with Ruby
- Animating Ruby
- 4 Pocket Change: Simulating Coin Systems with Ruby
- Turn-Based Strategy in Ruby
- Genetic Algorithms in Ruby
- Implementing Lisp in Ruby
- Parsing in Ruby
- Product Dimensions: 7.01 x 0.74 x 9.25 inches; 1.38 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.38 pounds
- ASIN: 159059911X
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.