Practical Multiservice LANs: ATM and RF Broadband
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $27.64
- Amount Saved: $9.36
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780890064085
- Condition: Used - Very Good
- Notes: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
The book also describes the technical details of hybrid fiber-coax (HFC)-based RF broadband technology and its capability of increasing system capacity at a lower than normal cost. It considers the integration of the public switch telephone network (PSTN) and Internet, as well as the integration of virtual private networks (VPN) with all digital telecommunications into the campus LAN.
Communications, IT, and network managers also gain an understanding of the advantages of SONET/ATM technology, and the economic benefits of using single-mode fiber and cable modem technology in the campus backbone and in all trunks. You learn how employees can be trained with DVD-based VOD, and how videoconferencing with full motion can be realized. With over 90 illustrations, you won't find a more in-depth and comprehensive technical reference on this rapidly evolving technology.
- Product Dimensions: 6.34 x 1.09 x 9.35 inches; 1.47 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.47 pounds
- ASIN: 0890064083
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews