Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced Administration Cookbook
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $49.86
- Amount Saved: $10.13
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
About This Book
- Understand and execute best practices when administering advanced features of Oracle Solaris 11
- Master special features of Oracle Solaris 11 such as ZFS objects, networking framework with RNC (Reactive Network Configuration), and get introduced to Performance Monitoring using sophisticated commands
- Practical and easy-to-learn recipes explaining how to install, configure, update, and manage the Solaris OS and its application
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Solaris administrator who wants to learn more about administering an Oracle Solaris system and want to go a level higher in utilizing the advanced features of Oracle Solaris, then this book is for you. A working knowledge of Solaris Administration is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Configure and administer the IPS framework
- Master ZFS using snapshots, backup, and shadowing
- Configure a TCP/IP network using features such as NCP, NCU, IPMP, link aggregation, network bridge, and Integrated Load Balancer (ILB)
- Configure a DHCP server and a DNS client
- Handle SMF manifests and profiles
- Learn to configure and use Automated Installer (AI)
- Administer, manage, and monitor processes and priorities using Fair Share Scheduling (FSS)
- Configure, migrate, and administer zones using Resource Manager
- Implement RBAC and least privileges in the Oracle Solaris environment
Oracle Solaris is one of the most widely deployed UNIX-based operating systems in industries today, perfect for critical environments, high-performance professionals, and nonstop infrastructures.
This book gives an in-depth coverage on every important feature in the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. Starting with how to manage the IPS repository and make a local repository, you will proceed to create your own IPS package. Then you will learn about handling boot environments, configuring and managing ZFS frameworks, and ZFS shadowing. You will cruise ahead to implement zones, create SMF services, review SMF operations, and also configure an Automated Installer, which is part of the new software deployment architecture introduced in Oracle Solaris 11.
You will advance through role-based access control (RBAC) and least privileges. You will then learn how to configure and administer resource manager, and finally you will be introduced to Oracle Solaris performance tuning.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.08 x 9.25 inches; 1.79 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.79 pounds
- ASIN: 1849688265
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.