OAuth 2 in Action
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $33.60
- Amount Saved: $16.39
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
OAuth 2 in Action teaches you the practical use and deployment of this HTTP-based protocol from the perspectives of a client, authorization server, and resource server. You'll learn how to confidently and securely build and deploy OAuth on both the client and server sides. Foreword by Ian Glazer.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Think of OAuth 2 as the web version of a valet key. It is an HTTP-based security protocol that allows users of a service to enable applications to use that service on their behalf without handing over full control. And OAuth is used everywhere, from Facebook and Google, to startups and cloud services.
About the Book
OAuth 2 in Action teaches you practical use and deployment of OAuth 2 from the perspectives of a client, an authorization server, and a resource server. You'll begin with an overview of OAuth and its components and interactions. Next, you'll get hands-on and build an OAuth client, an authorization server, and a protected resource. Then you'll dig into tokens, dynamic client registration, and more advanced topics. By the end, you'll be able to confidently and securely build and deploy OAuth on both the client and server sides.
- Covers OAuth 2 protocol and design
- Authorization with OAuth 2
- OpenID Connect and User-Managed Access
- Implementation risks
- JOSE, introspection, revocation, and registration
- Protecting and accessing REST APIs
About the Reader
Readers need basic programming skills and knowledge of HTTP and JSON.
About the Author
Justin Richer is a systems architect and software engineer. Antonio Sanso is a security software engineer and a security researcher. Both authors contribute to open standards and open source.
Table of Contents
- What is OAuth 2.0 and why should you care?
- The OAuth dance
- Building a simple OAuth client
- Building a simple OAuth protected resource
- Building a simple OAuth authorization server
- OAuth 2.0 in the real world
- Common client vulnerabilities
- Common protected resources vulnerabilities
- Common authorization server vulnerabilities
- Common OAuth token vulnerabilities
- OAuth tokens
- Dynamic client registration
- User authentication with OAuth 2.0
- Protocols and profiles using OAuth 2.0
- Beyond bearer tokens
- Summary and conclusions
Part 1 - First steps
Part 2 - Building an OAuth 2 environment
Part 3 - OAuth 2 implementation and vulnerabilities
Part 4 - Taking OAuth further
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches; 0 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0 pounds
- ASIN: 161729327X
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews