Microservices in .NET Core: with examples in Nancy
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $23.98
- Amount Saved: $26.01
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Microservices in .NET Core provides a complete guide to building microservice applications. After a crystal-clear introduction to the microservices architectural style, the book will teach you practical development skills in that style, using OWIN and Nancy.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Microservice applications are built by connecting single-capability, autonomous components that communicate via APIs. These systems can be challenging to develop because they demand clearly defined interfaces and reliable infrastructure. Fortunately for .NET developers, OWIN (the Open Web Interface for .NET), and the Nancy web framework help minimize plumbing code and simplify the task of building microservice-based applications.
About the Book
Microservices in .NET Core provides a complete guide to building microservice applications. After a crystal-clear introduction to the microservices architectural style, the book will teach you practical development skills in that style, using OWIN and Nancy. You'll design and build individual services in C# and learn how to compose them into a simple but functional application back end. Along the way, you'll address production and operations concerns like monitoring, logging, and security.
- Design robust and ops-friendly services
- Build HTTP APIs with Nancy
- Expose events via feeds with Nancy
- Use OWIN middleware for plumbing
About the Reader
This book is written for C# developers. No previous experience with microservices required.
About the Author
Christian Horsdal Gammelgaard is a Nancy committer and a Microsoft MVP.
Table of Contents
- Microservices at a glance
- A basic shopping cart microservice
- Identifying and scoping microservices
- Microservice collaboration
- Data ownership and data storage
- Designing for robustness
- Writing tests for microservices
- Introducing OWIN: writing and testing OWINmiddleware
- Cross-cutting concerns: monitoring and logging
- Securing microservice-to-microservicecommunication
- Building a reusable microservice platform
- Creating applications over microservices
PART 1 - GETTING STARTED WITH MICROSERVICES
PART 2 - BUILDING MICROSERVICES
PART 3 - HANDLING CROSS-CUTTING CONCERNS: BUILDINGA REUSABLE MICROSERVICE PLATFORM
PART 4 - BUILDING APPLICATIONS
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches; 0 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0 pounds
- ASIN: 1617293377
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews