Mastering Go Web Services
Program and deploy fast, scalable web services and create high-performance RESTful APIs using Go
About This Book
- Effectively deploy and integrate Go web services with applications in the real world
- Familiarize yourself with RESTful practices and apply them in Go
- A comprehensive tutorial with lots of tips and tricks to program and develop web services in Go
Who This Book Is For
If you are a web programmer with experience in developing web services and have a rudimentary knowledge of using Go, then this is the book for you. Basic knowledge of Go as well as knowledge of relational databases and non-relational NoSQL datastores is assumed. Some basic concurrency knowledge is also required.
This book will take you through the most important aspects of designing, building, and deploying a web service utilizing idiomatic REST practices with a focus on speed, security, and flexibility. You will begin by building your first API in Go using the HTTP package. You will look at designing and building your application including popular design structures like Model-View-Controller. You will also understand methods for deploying code to staging and development. Finally, you will see how the security features in Go can be used for protection against SQL injection, and sensitive data compromise.
By the end of this book, you will have achieved a high level of proficiency in building and deploying web services and web APIs with Go.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.6 x 9.25 inches; 1.01 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.01 pounds
- ASIN: 178398130X
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews