- List Price:
- Sale Price: $22.99
- Amount Saved: $7.00
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Learn how to manage your infrastructure by utilizing the power of SaltStack
About This Book
- Execute commands and enforce the state of your entire infrastructure in seconds.
- Make managing your servers as easy as visualizing the end goal -- let SaltStack do the heavy lifting through the state system.
- Learn by doing in this step by step guide to getting started with SaltStack.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator who manages multiple servers, then you know how difficult it is to keep your infrastructure in line. If you've been searching for an easier way, this book is for you. No prior experience with SaltStack is required.
What You Will Learn
- Install Salt on all of your servers
- Run commands on all or some of your minions instantly from a central managing server
- Write custom Salt modules to handle your infrastructure's unique needs
- Define the state of your infrastructure and use Salt to enforce that state
- Create platform-agnostic state definitions for greater flexibility and power
- Manage virtual servers on public or private clouds using Salt Cloud
- Use the event system in Salt to create a reactive and self-healing infrastructure
SaltStack is one of the best infrastructure management platforms available. It provides powerful tools for defining and enforcing the state of your infrastructure in a clear, concise way.
This book will start with the installation and setup of Salt along with your first commands, and will take you through all the tools you'll need to manage your infrastructure. You'll learn how to use SaltStack's remote execution system to run commands across your whole infrastructure in seconds. Then, with SaltStack's configuration management system, you'll be able to define the state of your infrastructure in a reproducible, stable manner. You'll also learn a number of other tools within SaltStack that will allow you to create an adaptive, reactive, and self-healing infrastructure. Finally, by the end of the book, you'll be able to build a reliable, scalable, secure, high-performance infrastructure and fully utilize the power of cloud computing.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.4 x 9.25 inches; 0.68 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.68 pounds
- ASIN: 1784394602
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.