Learning OpenStack Networking (Neutron)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $32.95
- Amount Saved: $4.04
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
About This Book
- Build a virtual switching infrastructure for virtual machines using the Open vSwitch or Linux Bridge plugins
- Create networks and software routers that connect virtual machines to the Internet using built-in Linux networking features
- Scale your application using Neutron's load-balancing-as-a-service feature using the haproxy plugin
Who This Book Is For
If you are an OpenStack-based cloud operator with experience in OpenStack Compute and nova-network but are new to Neutron networking, then this book is for you. Some networking experience is recommended, and a physical network infrastructure is required to provide connectivity to instances and other network resources configured in the book.
What You Will Learn
- Architect and install the latest Havana release of OpenStack on CentOS
- Review the components of OpenStack networking and see how they work together to coordinate network operations
- Build a virtual switching infrastructure using Open vSwitch or LinuxBridge to provide Layer 2 connectivity to instances and other network resources
- Create physical and virtual overlay networks and software routers to provide layer 3 connectivity to instances and other network resources
- Scale your application using OpenStack Networking's LBaaS solution with the haproxy plugin
- Secure your cloud using security groups and OpenStack Networking's FWaaS solution based on iptables
- Navigate various OpenStack Networking features using the Horizon dashboard or the command-line interface
OpenStack provides a rich API that enables users to architect networks, create virtual machines, and scale their application as they see fit. However, it suffered limited network implementations, providing only basic networking through Linux VLANs and iptables. With the arrival of Neutron, you can achieve so much more with OpenStack. Whether you are new to OpenStack Networking (Neutron) or have experience, this book will provide you with the skills needed to successfully design, create, customize, and maintain the core network foundation of an OpenStack cloud using the Neutron networking API.
From start to finish, this tutorial will educate you on the various network features of OpenStack in the Havana release and how they work together. With ample screenshots, examples, and command-line output that provide a consistent experience, this book will give you a foundation from which you can build your very own OpenStack cloud with advanced networking services.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.68 x 9.25 inches; 1.14 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.14 pounds
- ASIN: 1783983302
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.