Learn ASP.NET 4.5, C# and Visual Studio 2012 Expert Skills with The Smart Method: Courseware tutorial for self-instruction to expert level
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $20.80
- Amount Saved: $4.19
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This book is very, very different to any other computer book you have ever read. The Smart Method provides an entirely new and better way to learn ASP.NET, C# and Visual Studio. Here are just four of the many ways in which this book is unique:
- This book won’t waste your time by teaching basic skills that you already know. All of that material is covered already in our beginner’s Essential Skills book. By assuming that you are already able to use the basic features, far more ground can be covered.
- Instruction is logically structured into sessions and lessons. While this makes the book ideal for self-instruction, you can also use it to run your own, highly effective, adult training courses.
- Every lesson is presented on two facing sheets of A4 paper (the pages are much bigger than in any other ASP.NET book).
- Each lesson has a sample file that models a real-world business problem.
- Along with programming skills, this book teaches best practices that are often ignored by other books.
You'll immediately appreciate the value and relevance of each skill as it is taught. Advanced concepts are explained without needless technical jargon. Everything is concisely described in a simple, no-nonsense way.
From the Back Cover
Amongst other things you'll learn how to:
- Use cutting-edge AJAX techniques
- Use multi-threading techniques to take advantage of multiple processors
- Create and use web services
- Understand and use regular expressions
- Manipulate graphics to create a ‘captcha’ system
- Use ListView and Chart controls
- Encrypt and decrypt data
- Compress and decompress data
- Use compiler directives
- Use HTTP handlers and modules
- Create secure and hacker-proof web applications
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
AOL Time Warner, The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Unilever, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, Deutsche Bank, HBOS, Transport For London, The Performing Rights Society, Scottish Power, The Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman, BAE Systems, RBS, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, O2, BMW... and many, many others.
- Product Dimensions: 8.27 x 0.88 x 11.69 inches; 2.05 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.05 pounds
- ASIN: 1909253057
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews