Kubernetes: Up and Running: Dive into the Future of Infrastructure
Legend has it that Google deploys over a billion application containers a week. How is that possible? The company decided to share the process through an open source project called Kubernetes, which replicates many of the features found in its internal system. This practical book will prepare you to take advantage of everything the Kubernetes platform has to offer.
Rather than an exact copy of its internal Borg system, Kubernetes is an upgrade based on lessons Google learned over the last decade. Kubernetes is also designed to integrate with the most robust container ecosystem: Docker. Developers and Ops practitioners can easily deploy a demo Kubernetes environment and kick the tires, but when it comes time to scale to hundreds of nodes, you’re going to need a reliable field guide.
Kubernetes: Up and Running will help you:
- Learn how to make zero down-time application deployments with Kubernetes
- Track metrics and logs for every container running in your cluster
- Discover patterns for running large-scale application deployments that work for big players such as Google, Twitter, and Facebook
- Explore topics including Kubernetes components (kubelet, API, scheduler, replication controllers); containers; distributed computing; service discovery; and continuous delivery
- Product Dimensions: 7.01 x 0.59 x 9.17 inches; 0 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0 pounds
- ASIN: 1491935677
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews