Git: Version control for everyone
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $31.65
- Amount Saved: $8.34
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Controlling different versions of files is an efficient process with Git, and this book makes it a snap to learn too! A practical tutorial, it hard-wires the lessons through hands-on exercises throughout the course.
- A complete beginner's workflow for version control of common documents and content.
- Examples used are from non-techie, day to day computing activities we all engage in.
- Learn through multiple modes – readers learn theory to understand the concept and reinforce it by practical tutorials.
- Ideal for users on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
Git – is free software which enables you to maintain different versions of single or multiple directory contents, and allows you to switch back and forth between them at any given point of time. It also allows multiple people to work on the same file collaboratively or in parallel, without being connected to a server or any other centralized system continuously.
This book is a step by step, practical guide, helping you learn the routine of version controlling all your content, every day.
If you are an average computer user who wants to be able to maintain multiple versions of files and folders, or to go back and forth in time with respect to the files content – look no further. The workflow explained in this book will benefit anyone, no matter what kind of text or documentation they work on.
This book will also benefit developers, administrators, analysts, architects and anyone else who wishes to perform simultaneous, collaborative work, or work in parallel on the same set of files. Git's advanced features are there to make your life easier.
What you will learn from this book
- Installing and configuring Git on your machine.
- Basic concepts of Git to get started with versioning.
- Sharing and collaboration of files with Git.
- Additional tools which can come in handy.
- Extended operations with Git on text based files.
The book follows a Blended Learning Approach (Learning through multiple modes: Readers learn theory to understand the concept and reinforce it by practically doing it). The new concepts are introduced using examples of common day to day activities for quick realization spread across topics.
Who this book is written for
For the computer literate who want to leverage the advantage of maintaining multiple versions of files/folders to go back and forth in time with respect to the files content. For developers, administrators, analysts, architects and any others who want to perform a simultaneous, collaborative or work in parallel on the same set of files.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.41 x 9.25 inches; 0.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- ASIN: 1849517525
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.