Getting Started with JUCE
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $32.18
- Amount Saved: $7.81
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
With a basic grasp of C++ and this tutorial, you can quickly and easily start developing cross-platform GUI applications using the JUCE framework. The book takes a totally practical approach to its subject with examples and illustrations.
- Begin developing user interfaces in code or with a graphical editor
- Build and run the Introjucer tool
- Create a JUCE project with the Introjucer tool
There are a number of frameworks available for developing cross-platform applications. JUCE achieves this with a combination of consistency, ease-of-use, and breadth of functionality. JUCE is a C++ toolkit for building cross-platform applications on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. It encourages you to write consistent code and is particularly good for complex, customized GUIs and audio/midi processing; it also includes a vast range of classes to help with all your day-to-day programming tasks
Getting Started with JUCE is a practical, hands-on guide to developing applications using JUCE which will help you get started with many of the core aspects of the JUCE library. The book guides you through the installation of JUCE and covers the structure of the source code tree including some of the useful tools available for creating JUCE projects.
Getting Started with JUCE will guide you through how to use the JUCE library, from the installation of basic tools to developing examples using many of its classes. It will take you through a series of practical examples that show you how to create user interfaces, illustrating the key features.
You will also learn how to deal with files, text strings, and other fundamental data using the JUCE library. In particular, you will learn how to create user interfaces both using code and using the Introjucer tool to layout and configure user interface functionality. You will also manipulate image and audio data and learn how to read and write common media file formats. With this book, you will learn everything you need to know to understand some of the additional helpful utilities offered by JUCE and how to use the JUCE documentation to get started with such classes.
What you will learn from this book
- Create projects using the Introjucer tool
- Build user interfaces using code and the graphical editor in the Introjucer
- Respond to user interaction form sliders, buttons, and text entry
- Perform fundamental drawing commands
- Store and manipulate data in dynamic arrays
- Convert binary files to source code for cross-platform compatibility
- Store and manipulate application data and settings
- Read, write, and display image files
This book is a fast-paced, practical guide full of step-by-step examples which are easy to follow and implement.
Who this book is written for
This book is for programmers with a basic grasp of C++. The examples start at a basic level, making few assumptions beyond fundamental C++ concepts. Those without any experience with C++ should be able to follow and construct the examples, although you may need further support to understand the fundamental concepts.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.36 x 9.25 inches; 0.62 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.62 pounds
- ASIN: 1783283319
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.