Game Development Essentials: An Introduction
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $73.85
- Amount Saved: $75.10
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS: AN INTRODUCTION, 3E is an authoritative, industry-driven introduction to the world of game development, with updates that keep readers current and well-prepared for a successful career in the field. This book not only examines content creation and the concepts behind development, but it also give readers a background on the evolution of game development and how it has become what it is today. GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS also includes chapters on project management, development team roles and responsibilities, development cycle, marketing, maintenance, and the future of game development. With the same engaging writing style and examples that made the first two editions so popular, this new edition features all the latest games and game technology. Coverage of new game-related technology, development techniques, and the latest research in the field make this an invaluable resource for anyone entering the exciting, competitive, ever-changing world of game development.
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- Revised profiles, tips, and quotes from industry professionals and educators.
- New and updated game screenshots, photos, illustrations, and diagrams.
- Expanded sections on the newest trends in game development, including mobile, social, and serious games.
- Coverage of new console and mobile platforms.
- Discussions of new trends and technologies, such as 3D, motion control, cloud-hosted, augmented reality, convergent platforms, and transmedia.
- Comprehensive coverage of all essential gaming topics ranges from planning, prototyping, and testing, to production and marketing.
- Case studies and industry profiles of prominent game developers offer a revealing behind-the-scenes look at the workings of the industry.
- Thought-provoking questions help readers develop and fine-tune the skills specific to game development.
- Game demos, accessibility games, and articles offer new material for the companion DVD for a complete hands-on experience.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 8 x 10 inches; 2.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.7 pounds
- ASIN: 1111307652
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.