- List Price:
- Sale Price: $23.47
- Amount Saved: $4.52
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
About This Book
- Plan, test, and execute your Puppet deployments
- Write reusable and maintainable Puppet code
- Handle challenges that might arise in upcoming versions of Puppet
- Explore the Puppet ecosystem in-depth, through a hands-on, example driven approach
Who This Book Is For
This book is designed for users who already have good experience with Puppet, and will surprise experienced users with innovative topics that explore how to design, implement, adapt, and deploy a Puppet architecture. The key to extending Puppet is the development of types and providers, for which you must be familiar with Ruby.
What You Will Learn
- Use Puppet to manage network, cloud, and virtualization devices
- Become a Hiera and PuppetDB power user
- Study the different approaches to Puppet architecture design
- Master the art of writing and maintaining reusable modules
- Explore strategies and patterns on how to introduce Puppet automation
- Manage and test a Puppet code workflow
- Design scalable Puppet infrastructures
Puppet has changed the way we manage our systems, but Puppet itself is changing and evolving, as are the ways in which we use it.
A clear, updated, practical, and focused view of the current state of the technology and the evolution of Puppet is what we need to tackle our IT infrastructure challenges and avoid common errors when designing our architectures.
This is a detailed, practical book that covers the different components of the Puppet ecosystem and explores how to use them to deploy and manage different kinds of IT infrastructures.
Updated with the most recent trends and best practices, this book gives you a clear view on how to "connect the dots" and expands your understanding to successfully use and extend Puppet.
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.74 x 9.25 inches; 1.25 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.25 pounds
- ASIN: 178398144X
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.