Essential PHP Security
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $9.98
- Amount Saved: $19.97
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- ISBN13: 9780596006563
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
Being highly flexible in building dynamic, database-driven web applications makes the PHP programming language one of the most popular web development tools in use today. It also works beautifully with other open source tools, such as the MySQL database and the Apache web server. However, as more web sites are developed in PHP, they become targets for malicious attackers, and developers need to prepare for the attacks.
Security is an issue that demands attention, given the growing frequency of attacks on web sites. Essential PHP Security explains the most common types of attacks and how to write code that isn't susceptible to them. By examining specific attacks and the techniques used to protect against them, you will have a deeper understanding and appreciation of the safeguards you are about to learn in this book.
In the much-needed (and highly-requested) Essential PHP Security, each chapter covers an aspect of a web application (such as form processing, database programming, session management, and authentication). Chapters describe potential attacks with examples and then explain techniques to help you prevent those attacks.
Topics covered include:
- Preventing cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- Protecting against SQL injection attacks
- Complicating session hijacking attempts
You are in good hands with author Chris Shiflett, an internationally-recognized expert in the field of PHP security. Shiflett is also the founder and President of Brain Bulb, a PHP consultancy that offers a variety of services to clients around the world.
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.28 x 9.19 inches; 0.4 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- ASIN: 059600656X
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews