Building the Mobile Internet (Networking Technology)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $6.00
- Amount Saved: $39.00
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Used Book in Good Condition
The complete guide to technologies and protocols for delivering seamless mobile Internet experiences
In Building the Mobile Internet, three leading mobility architects and implementers from Cisco present complete foundational knowledge about tomorrow’s mobile Internet. The authors cover everything from market trends and user expectations to the latest technical approaches for making the Internet “mobile by design.”
Writing for senior technology decision-makers and network design professionals, the authors explain the relatively static nature of the Internet’s original protocols and design, discuss the concept of “mobility,” and identify evolving mobility requirements. Next, they thoroughly explain each of today’s most promising techniques for building mobility into the Internet, from data link layer to application layer. For each layer, the authors cover mechanisms, protocols, relevant Wi-Fi and cellular architectures, and key use cases.
Using this book’s guidance, mobile network executives can define more effective strategies, network designers can construct more effective architectures, and network engineers can execute more successful migrations.
Mark Grayson, Cisco Distinguished Consulting Engineer, leads Cisco’s mobile architecture strategy. He has 20+ years of wireless experience ranging from military and satellite systems to the evolution of traditional cellular architectures and the creation of new small cell solutions. He has been granted 50+ patents.
Kevin Shatzkamer, Cisco Distinguished Systems Architect, is responsible for long-term strategy and architectural evolution of Cisco mobile wireless networks. His experience ranges from 3G and LTE to security, video distribution, and QoS. He now works with both content providers and service providers to enhance the end-to-end digital media value chain for mobility.
Klaas Wierenga, Senior Consulting Engineer in Cisco’s Office of the CTO, has 15+ years of experience implementing diverse mobility, security, and identity solutions for enterprises, municipalities, hospitals, and universities. He created the worldwide eduroam service for federated network access in academia.
· Understanding key mobility market trends: device proliferation, accelerating consumption, and radio-specific scalability problems
· Reviewing the challenges that mobility presents to conventional Internet architectures
· Understanding nomadicity, including authentication for users moving across networks and operators
· Identifying opportunities to address mobility at the data link layer
· Comparing and using network layer solutions to deliver seamless mobility and session continuity
· Integrating mobility functionality into the transport/session layer
· Adding mobility functionality to the application layer–including support for moving media sessions between devices
· Redesigning Internet architecture to enable long-term improvements to mobility
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press®, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 0.8 x 9.1 inches; 0.97 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.97 pounds
- ASIN: 1587142430
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.