Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional (Expert’s Voice in Open Source)
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $23.00
- Amount Saved: $16.99
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Based on the bestselling first edition, Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition is the leading guide for every type of reader who wants to learn Ruby from the ground up.
The new edition of this book provides the same excellent introduction to Ruby as the first edition plus updates for the newest version of Ruby, including the addition of the Sinatra and Ramaze web application frameworks and a chapter on GUI development so developers can take advantage of these new trends.
Beginning Ruby starts by explaining the principles behind object-oriented programming and within a few chapters builds toward creating a full Ruby application. By the end of the book, in addition to in-depth knowledge of Ruby, you'll also have basic understanding of many ancillary technologies such as SQL, XML, web frameworks, and networking.
- Introduces readers to the Ruby programming language
- Takes readers from basic programming skills to web development with topics like Ruby-based frameworks and GUI programming
- Covers many ancillary technologies in order to provide a broader picture (e.g., databases, XML, network daemons)
- Product Dimensions: 7.01 x 1.48 x 9.25 inches; 2.46 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 2.46 pounds
- ASIN: 1430223634
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Write a Reply or Comment:
You must be logged in to post a comment.