Apple is looking into an incident in which an Arizona teenâ€™s iPhone 7 Plus â€œblew upâ€ while she was charging the smartphone, according to Variety.com.
â€œWe are in touch with the customer and looking into it,â€ an Apple representative told the Web site Mashable, which originally reported the news.
On Wednesday, the teen, Brianna Olivas, posted a video on Twitter of her iPhone 7 Plus with a melted case smoldering on a bathroom counter.
â€œSo my IPhone 7 plus blew up this morning â€¦ was not even using it, literally no explanation for this,â€ she tweeted.
The smoking phone may be an aberration, but Variety.com said that last fall an Australian man reported a similar case. Apple did not respond to the Web siteâ€™s request for comment.
The report of the smoldering smartphone echoes problems Samsung had last year with its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. The company recalled 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7s after numerous consumers reported injuries from exploding smartphones.
Shares of Apple have been trading around all-time highs this month, partly on expectations that the 10th-anniversary version of its iPhone will be a blockbuster.
The stock closed at $136.66 on Friday, up 13 cents.