Bookmarks: Signings, releases, storytimes and other literary news – Florida Times-Union
Author Michele Moore discusses her debut historical novel, “The Cigar Factory,” the story of families who work in a Charleston factory between the world wars, at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at The Literary Guild of St. Simons Island’s Coffee with the Author at the Casino, 550 Beachview Drive, St. Simons. Free for members, $10 for guests.
The spring book sale of the Literary Guild of St. Simons Island begins Thursday with a members-only (join at door) from 3-6 p.m. It’s open to all 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Friends of the Green Cove Springs Library will hold a book sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday on the library lawn at 403 Ferris St., Green Cove Springs. All proceeds benefit the library.
Best-selling Jacksonville children’s author Jennifer Swanson (“Brain Games”) helps celebrates National Space Day, 6 p.m. Friday, Barnes & Noble Town Center.
Jacksonville author Hansen Alexander discusses his controversial biography, “The Life and Trials of RogerClemens,” from 11 a.m. to noon Saturday at Chamblin’s Uptown, 215 N. Laura St.
Best-selling mystery author Ace Atkins presents his sixth Spenser novel, “Robert B. Parker’s Little White Lies,” 3 p.m. Sunday, May 7, at The BookMark, 220 First St., Neptune Beach.
• “The Life and Love of Dogs,” 6 p.m. Monday, Barnes & Noble Town Center.
• “My First Airplane Ride,” 11 a.m. Tuesday, Barnes & Noble Town Center.
• “Mother Goose,” 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd.
• “Creating Characters,” ages 5 and up, 6 p.m. Wednesday, Barnes & Noble Town Center.
• “Marco’s Cinco de Mayo,” 11 a.m. Friday, Barnes & Noble Town Center.
• Picnic With Clifford, 11 a.m. Wednesday, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd.
• “Dragons Love Tacos 2,” 11 a.m. Saturday, Barnes & Noble Town Center, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd., Barnes & Noble St Augustine, 1930. U.S. 1 South.
• Kathleen Maurer, “First Enchanted Amelia Island Coloring Book,” 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, The Book Loft, 214 Centre St., Fernandina Beach.
• Peggy Hough-Sprunt, “Chicken Soup for the Soul: Random Acts of Kindness,” noon Saturday, Barnes & Noble San Jose, 11112 San Jose Blvd.
SAVE THE DATE
• 17th annual National Book Festival, Washington, D.C., Sept. 2.
WRITE A REVIEW
Books is a page for and about readers and writers produced by readers and writers from Northeast Florida. Each week we publish three, or four (depending on length) reviews from local volunteer reviewers, as well as a column about literary events of interest (signings, sales, festivals, etc.) sent in by readers. We are always looking for more volunteer reviewers (300 to 600, more or less, words about a recently published book of interest).
Send information to email@example.com. Announcements must arrive seven days before the Sunday of publication. Events open to all unless stated and always subject to change.